Our editors help ensure that your paper meets all the requirements set forth by your professor. We encourage you to give us details of any requirements you may have when submitting your paper so that we know what to check for when reviewing your document. Specifically, if you are required to write a paper using a style format, such as APA, MLA or CMS, make sure to select that option when submitting your paper. During the essay correction process we will make sure that proper citations are in place for the style you have chosen. The references section of the paper will also be reviewed and corrected as needed.
Having good writing skills, an extensive vocabulary and good language skills does not mean that you would be able to write the perfect essay. As a student you would be asked to submit in several subject, all having similar deadlines. It is only human to make mistakes under such pressures. It is therefore advisable for you to have your essay correction done by someone other than yourself or you can send your essays to professional editors at our writing company.
Alba Essays Essay Correction sample
It is vital for essays to be free of all technical and stylistic flaws. Essay corrections should be done by professional editors, experts who are skilled in terms of spotting and remedying problems having to do with grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and the inner logic of expository writing.
Essay corrections should be consistent, meaning that the editor should rectify and resolve errors in the same way throughout an essay. For example, in reference to spelling, the editor should make sure that the same spelling for a word is used consistently. An instance of that would be using “theater” throughout the essay, and not alternating that spelling with “theatre.” Essay correction is a complex task. Specification may vary from tutor to tutor, but the mail issues and common errors along with how to erect these are given below:
• Formatting correction: Sometimes essays written by students get low grades due to formatting errors. There are some basic formats that are usually acceptable to all professors. These include the APA, MLA, Harvard and Chicago etc. Sometimes the teachers specify the format they want to see in the essay, in such a case the correction of an essay must deal with correcting the format.
• Focus correction: Another common correction needed in essays is that of focus. While writing, the student may be drawn away and lose focus from the main topic. While doing essay correction it must be checked and re checked whether or not the focus is actually where it is required to be in the essay question.
• Referencing correction: Essays often have referencing mistakes and same should be considered in essay corrections. Referencing is a complex task and it needs an expert to get it right the first time. There are specific referencing instructions attached with each essay format. There are special instructions for in text citations and separate ones for a bibliography page. Essay corrections must deal with the referencing and must also check the credibility of sources and their proper and accurate citation.
• Methodology/approach correction: Sometimes, the error lies in the approach/methodology used in an essay. Such an error must be rectified only after checking with the tutor and confirming what approach/methodology is preferred for the type of essay being attempted or research problem being addressed in the paper.
• Proofreading: All essays must be proof read before being handed over and same is true for the essay corrections. After correcting an essay it is strongly advised to proof read it again even if it had been proofread before the correction because there might be errors in the new/added/edited material.